Thanks. I'll get back to you soonest!!
Research & Development Executive
- Research activity management
Senior Research Engineer
- Project managing a group of three, assisted with Git.
- Core C++ counting program consisting computer vision algorithm (OpenCV, PCL, Kalman Filter), database interaction, socket programming, etc. developed for Linux environment.
- Also produces production related support software (camera calibration, verification tools, offline simulator), and electronics circuits debugging.
- Magic Mirror
- Backend computer vision algorithm development using C++.
- Module to be integrated into existing core engine built with C#.
- “Wire-Bond” and “Mark & Lead” AOI machine backend computer vision algorithm development.
- First-hand testing and evaluation upon new instrument introduction.
- Internal technical support on system integration. (software, electronics, instruments, etc.)
- Linux ONVIF Network Video Recorder (NVR) system for 100 IP camera simultaneous streams.
- Project development team lead and facilitates in the guidance of two master research students.
Project-based Research Assistant
- Tagless Indoor Positioning and Object Tracking using a Wireless Sensor Network
- An experimental research to realise subject tracking (i.e. human) using existing wireless router/modem signal strength monitoring.
- C++ realisation using GTKmm.
- CUDA hardware accelerated watermarking scheme for digital mammogram image
- C++/C realisation of a watermarking technique for hiding patient information into digital mammogram images using GPGPU (CUDA).
- GUI done in using VB.NET.
- Supported by the Malaysian Government’s MOSTI ScienceFund 01-02-14-SF0005.
- Workforce management and first-line quality control
If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Isaac Newton
C, C++, CUDA, Assembly, Latex
Windows, GNU/Linux (Debian, CentOS)
OpenCV, PointCloud-Library, MATLAB, Mathematica, GTKmm, AutoCAD, Solidworks, Git, make, valgrind, gdb
Digital electronics circuit design
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein
Ph.D. by research in engineering
Mathematical Modelling and Applications of Spherical Catadioptric Omnidirectional View Sensors
The research investigates the practical usability of spherical catadioptric omnidirectional view sensors (COVS) in the field of robotics. There are four themes covered in the overall research effort — A mathematical modelling of a closed-form mapping solution, a development of a spherical COVS view conversion technique, a development of a high speed parallel execution of the said technique, and a design of a novel image feature descriptor for COVS. The research work was partially funded by the MOHE Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS/2/2010/TK/SWIN/03/02).Get a copy
Bachelor’s Degree in Robotics and Mechatronics Engineering
- First Class Honour
- CGPA: 3.98/4.0
I am building a fire, and everyday I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match. Mia Hamm
- Nguan Soon Chong, Yau Hee Kho, and Mou Ling Dennis Wong. A closed form unwrapping method for a spherical omnidirectional view sensor. EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing, 2013(1):1–17, 2013.
- Nguan Soon Chong, Yau Hee Kho, and Mou Ling Dennis Wong. Visual detection in omnidirectional view sensors. Signal, Image and Video Processing, pages 1–18, 2013.
- Nguan Soon Chong, Yau Hee Kho, and Mou Ling Dennis Wong. Custom aspect ratio correction for unwrapped omnidirectional view images. Computers and Electrical Engineering, 40:974–981, 2014.
- Nguan Soon Chong, M. L. Dennis Wong, and Yau Hee Kho. A parallel root-finding method for omnidirectional image unwrapping. In Proceedings of The Visual Communications and Image Processing (VCIP 2013), pages 1–6, Sarawak, Malaysia, Nov. 2013.
- Nguan Soon Chong, M. L. Dennis Wong, and Yau Hee Kho. Vertical line-based descriptor for omnidirectional view image. In Proceedings of The 2014 International Conference on Electronics, Information and Communication (ICEIC 2014), pages 1–4, Sabah, Malaysia, Jan. 2014.
- Nguan Soon Chong, Mou Ling Dennis Wong, and Yau Hee Kho. Accelerated catadioptric omnidirectional view image unwrapping processing using GPU parallelisation. Journal of Real-Time Image Processing, pages 1–15, 2013.